Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Training and Sickness

I have decided to train for a half marathon. UGH!!!! I need something to keep me motivated and I have always felt that if I could run for any distance I would truly be in shape. My friend Sarah asked me awhile ago if I wanted to do one with her and said no but thought it would be a good idea to try it once. Last week was my first week training and it was rough. My legs were really sore and then my third day running my knee started hurting so I had to walk most of the way. That was pretty frustrating. I took it easy on Saturday and was planning on going running again on Monday and of course got sick as a dog. I was weak and achy all day. Thankfully Chris was able to come home and help with the boys. My mom was over too because my friend went into labor and we watched their twin girls. It was a full house.

Back to training today. I am excited for losing weight and being able to run for longer times. I will keep you all posted.

5 comments:

jazmine said...

yay!!! You will do great!! It gets easier and easier. I remember when I first started training and it SUCKED! Good luck!

Linz said...

You're amazing! I find that the worst stuff happens at the beginning of training so I bet the worst is over for you!

Elizabeth Downie said...

I really admire you for doing that! I am a total wimp when it comes to running. Good luck! :)

teamk said...

I agree with Elizabeth. I am a sprinter not a long distance runner. But I am excited for you...maybe I could jump in on your training and suffer..ah I mean get stronger with you. ?

Larisa said...

You can DOOOOO it!