Saturday, January 17, 2009

Art






I can appreciate art, but sometimes I don't think I give artists enough credit. Sometimes I see paintings and I think: "I could do that", when in reality I think I am fooling my self. I recently tried to paint. I bought a canvas and went to town. Chris being the good, supportive husband that he is said he liked it, but I didn't. The more I look at it the less I like it. I wonder if real artists are as critical of their work as I seem to be of mine. I haven't given up yet though. I am going to keep trying and make it a hobby of mine to paint more. A friend of mine who I think is a real artist said that you have to paint to get any good ideas, so I will. Here are a few paintings that I liked.

2 comments:

maryp said...

before I scrolled down, I thought that was YOUR painting, and thought to myself, "that's not TOO bad...what is she complaining about?" then I realized they were real paintings and that I wouldn't know good art if it came up and bit me in the booty!

Aimee said...

So where's the pic of your handiwork?

I like the trees and the Georgia O'Keefe. They're all very nice though. I hope you continue to have fun creating and exploring the artistic side of you. :)