Sunday, September 19, 2010

Half Marathon Update

September 25th is the big day. A week from yesterday I will be done with the blasted thing. I have to say that I feel ready and not very scared. On Tuesday I went about 11 miles. It took over 2 hours but I think I will be able to do the 13.1 in about 2 1/2 hours. That is what I am shooting for anyways. I am going up Friday night with a woman from my ward and we are doing it together. I am sure I will be full of anxiety the night before but I am excited too. I will post pictures of the big day.

7 comments:

Erin said...

you go girl! Definately post how it goes, w/ pics of your cute sweaty face, ok?! You're awesome!

Miss you girl! Miss the old days. Wish we could go to Max and Ermas...oh, wait...I'm in Mexico....

Meg said...

Good luck Beth. You are AWESOME and I can't wait to see pictures. Miss you!

maryp said...

Good luck Sis!!! I would say break a leg but that wouldn't be good! Have fun and stock that ipod full of good music! Be sure to listen to I'm holdin gout for a hero towards the end to get that extra energy blast!

Linz said...

Yay Beth! You are amazing!!!!

teamk said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were going to run in the 1/2 marathon! That's is so cool! We have one down here every year. If you want to keep up the running by next year you should think about doing it down here. The billboard announces it is half the distance and twice the fun. Everyone raves about it. Good luck! I know you will do great!

michelle said...

You are the woman! You totally inspire me! I wish you lived closer so you could kick my butt into gear! :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations! I really hope that it went well. How awesome that you were able to accomplish this.