Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Little Patient

Yesterday was the big day for Reid. We got a call for the time of his surgery on Monday. They told us that he could eat no later than 6am and no fluids after 10am and his surgery would be at 1pm. I was worried about him not being able to have food and milk but of course he did awesome. They called us back really quick and we had to change him into a little gown. It tied in the back and his little diaper was hanging out of the back and he was walking around like that with his little socks on. Everyone was talking about how cute he was. I wish I took my camera so you all could have seen how cute he looked. He did so good. The doctors usually give little kids medicine to make them not freak out when the doctors take them away but we thought Reid would do good. He didn't even fuss when they walked him away. He is the best baby ever. The procedure lasted about 30 minutes and the doctor came out to tell us when he was done. We were called back when he was awake in recovery and he was drinking a juice bottle. He cried on and off while were were in recovery but when we got in the car he fell right asleep and slept for two hours. His ears are a little bloody but he is acting well.

I love my baby so much. I love that he has such a sweet disposition and everyone loves him. Thanks for you thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I need to check in more often...I didn't know! Bless his sweet little heart, I'm so glad he did so well. What a brave little guy you have. And what a great mom you are. <3

Jessica said...

Oh sweet Beth, I'm so glad he's doing so well. Let me know if there's anything we can do. Love you much,
Jessica

maryp said...

I wish I could have seen him in that little gown. What a babushka!! Belle would have been SCREAMING her head off! You are lucky he is so easy going!! Actually now that I write that I think back to Belle as the zen baby and Reidle screaming his head off when they were little...now the roles are reversed. crazy babes!

Linz said...

I love your description of him in his gown. I can totally picture it! So cute!!! I'm so glad it went well.

The Kennedys said...

Cute little Reid! I hope it really helps him! :)

michelle said...

So glad everything went well! What a trooper...and mom didn't do to bad herself! :)