Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wedding



Anyone who knows me, knows that I love all things girlie and beautiful. A fairytale wedding is no exception. I am not a die hard. I didn't wake up too early, but I did make a hat and attended a royal wedding party at the home of a friend and ate cucumber sandwiches and scones and soaked up every beautiful detail. I loved her dress. Someone mentioned that she looked a lot like Grace Kelly. What do you think?

I loved all of the pomp and circumstance that accompanies a royal wedding. I hope they make it. I hope they have a happy ending to such a beautiful beginning. What did you all think?

5 comments:

Linz said...

That's so cool that you went to a party! And made a hat!

I recorded it and watched it with the girls this morning. When I skipped ahead they were like, "No!!!" We were pretty enchanted with the whole thing.

Jessica said...

It was beautiful! All the music was incredible. I loved the trumpets with the banners on them. Her dress was gorgeous, the double kiss on the balcony was so darling. I hope they make it too. And I love Grace Kelly :)

Suzy Stein said...

I wouldn't have missed this for the world. I have always been a fan of William, and sympathetic to his challenging role in life. I think Catherine is beautiful and poised, and she looked amazing. I got up at 4am to watch it on TV, and recorded it on 2 news channels. I already watched many parts more than once.:D I also hope that they have a happy life together.

maryp said...

I wish Matt had a uniform like Williams to wear when we got married. I loved the wedding. It was amazing and I hope they make it. That would be sad if they didn't. Post a pic of your hat!

Kristen said...

Yeah, I want to see the hat! I happened to be up and waiting at the airport for a 7am flight, so I (and everyone around me) was watching it live. Loved the dress, and it did look like Grace Kelly's. I read somewhere today, though, something that said "Every temple marriage is a royal wedding." I thought that was pretty cool, because it's true. We may not have a tiara, but we are royalty in Heavenly Father's eyes.