Thursday, October 9, 2008

A mother of 3

I had the opportunity to watch my friend Aimee's two children for the last 2 days. Her oldest son Leo is Riley's age (they are actually best friends) and her youngest daughter Charlotte is 6 months. I was kind of worried about it, but it went great. Riley had some sharing issues and needed some extra attention from Chris and I, but other than that those kids were great. The noise level in the house was a lot higher and the mess was extensive, but it was a lot of fun. It was fun to see Riley play with Charlotte and he and Leo are two peas in a pod. I wish I would have taken more pictures of their time at our house. Maybe next time.

Sometimes I don't think I can handle more kids and other times I feel really ready. It is funny how experiences like these prepare us. I feel similar to David, how Heavenly Father gave him experiences to prepare him for Goliath. Maybe I will have twins next. :)

3 comments:

michelle said...

You can totally handle more kids! You're awesome. Two isn't bad but I heard the leap to three is the hardest, but I think you just have to let go of the little things like the extra mess and noise and focus on the positives. That's why I love blogging, it reminds me of all the good times and the joys of motherhood!

maryp said...

twins would be soooo fun and hard! i hope i have them actually then i would only be pregnant two more times!!!! may the best woman win!! I guess i just turned having twins into a competition...

Aimee said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh!! I'm famous! Thanks again for watching my kiddos. Some days are more tough than others, but you could totally handle it(as already evidenced by living through having Riley and Leo together for hours on end).