Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hula class

I love my hula class. It is not only fun but a good workout and I love it!! Today we learned an amazing dance that I have seen performed and thought it was so pretty, and now I get to dance it. The movements are so beautiful and my teacher, Angie is great. We watched a documentary today about the history of Hawaii and how white men came in and basically brought disease and tons of problems for these Hawaiians and tried to stomp out their culture. Granted, I don't agree with their religious beliefs of worshiping the earth and all of that, but I also think people should be able to believe what they want. Anyhow.... I love that I can learn about different cultures here in little ol' Michigan.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Hula sounds like so much fun. Wish I could be there doing it with you. I bet it's way better than aerobics (remember our class at Ricks) and I bet the instructor isn't wearing a pound of makeup on her face !:)

bethy said...

I was thinking the exact same thing. remember when she said that you could marry more money in 15 minutes than you could make in a life time. That lady was crazy!!

michelle said...

Yes! We just weren't her favorite students because we didn't make up our own aerobic routine to share with the class!
Good thing we had Dawson's Creek to cheer us up!