Monday, December 15, 2008

Automated answering services

Have you ever had to call a credit card or bank or any other institution where you are forced to talk to an automated person? I think these things were probably invented to make you feel like you are talking to a real person so you don't get frustrated (this tactic never works on me). You can tell them you account number and tell them your selection from their menu. I don't know about you but I hate those things. I usually just go through the motions and try to listen for an option that will let me talk to a real person. I am also usually calling these places because I have a problem that I need resolved rather quickly. I don't know why but it makes me feel better answering these "people" as rudely as I can. I usually say my answer louder that I would to a real person, and with a lot more attitude. Come to think of it... maybe that is why they invented these "people". You can take out your frustrations and their poor employees don't have to suffer my wrath. Anywho... What do you think? Do you know what I'm talking about?

5 comments:

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

my favorite is internet & cable call lines when you say everything then it transfers you to a rep and it relayed none of the info you just gave. grr!!

maryp said...

I love yelling at the automated systems on the phone! When I worked at Dr W's and had to call insurance companies 50x a day to verify insurance, I would always yell at them. Then they would say "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Would you like to try again?" Infuriating but it helped me relieve some stress by yelling at the phone. me and the other girls would always laugh about it afterwards!

michelle said...

I agree. I love to punch in my account number only minutes later to be asked by a representative to give them my account number. I usually get a little snippy and say that I already punched it and they lie and say that there automation isn't working. I think these new automated services just give you something to do while you're waiting. Then it seems like you've only been on hold for 3 minutes instead of 5!

AngiDe said...

I just keep pushing "0" til it says: "I'm sorry I didn't understand you/ or that is not an option.... please hold while I transfer you to a representative.".... nice, exactly what I wanted.

They pretty much suck and piss me off even more.

XO

Linz said...

hee hee. Yes, I always say "No" rudely to the automated person.

It cracks me up when they say "I'm having trouble understanding you."