Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Favorite Bedtime Book

When I bought this book last year I had no idea I would love it so much. It was on sale after Valentine's Day and I thought the pictures were cute. From the very first time I read it to Riley I couldn't make it through with out crying at some point and usually by the end I am a total mess. It is basically a little poem about how much love you have for your child. This is the poem:

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love you on your very best and very worst of days.
I love to see you laughing and dancing in the rain.
And even when you lose your shoes, I love you just the same.
I love to hear you singing. I love to see you smile.
I love the way you take each day in your own unhurried style.
I'm happy when you're happy. And I'm sorry when you're sad.
And even though it may not show, I love you when you're bad.
How do I love you? Well now let me see...
I love the way you act so brave when you fall and hurt your knee.
I love to watch you sleeping, tucked away in pleasant dreams.
I love to hear you whisper all your giant plans and schemes.
I love the way you wear your pants with the front part in the back,
And the way you walk around sometimes with your head inside a sack.
I love to see you deep in thought.
I love to watch you play.
And though I'm sure you'll never know, I love you more each day.
How do I love you? It's impossible to say.
For if I had a million day and time enough for all the praise,
I couldn't tell you all the ways... I love you.

The illustrations are so cute and the little boy actually looks a little like Riley.
If you have a chance look it up. Maybe I'm a total boob, but I always get a good cry. I cry so regularly Riley calls it "the sad book" and always wonders why I'm crying.

3 comments:

Linz said...

I've been looking for a new book for Christmas for the kiddos. This looks perfect.

AngiDe said...

Oh that is so sweet. no wonder your bawl each time you read it.

xoxo

Aimee said...

"The sad book." Ahhh. Good prep for Riley for all those touching moments in his life, you know, baptisms, advancements in the priesthood, mission calls. No one ever says it's a bad thing to have a mom that shows her emotions via her eyes. You are so cute with Riley and I'm sure he cherishes reading this book with you, even if you get teary-eyed each time.

:)