Friday, February 20, 2009

Team Jacob???

I don't think it is a secret that I love the Twilight series. I have recently re-read Twilight and Breaking Dawn and am now I Eclipse and I don't get people who like Jacob more than Edward. If you do, I would love to know why. It has been interesting reading the books backwards.

I am on the part in eclipse when Bella keeps running off to see Jacob before Alice or Edward can catch her and every time she does he makes her mad and says stuff to hurt her feelings. I don't get it. I now remember why Bella was so frustrating in this book. She keeps going back and forth between the two guys and hurting both. I guess I have never had two guys in love with me at the same time who are mortal enemies. :) UGH!!! The end of this one is cool though. I like the conversation that Edward and Jacob have in the tent near the end. I can't wait to read that part again.

If you are team Jacob I would love to know why.
~Beth

9 comments:

AngiDe said...

I second that! I'd like to know why too! :)

XO

Linz said...

I'm hard core team edward

The Kennedys said...

I just wrapped up Eclipse (read my favorite parts) and I don't get it either. Jacob keeps saying he'd be perfect for Bella and she says she agrees and saw it all out in front of her. Sorry, I don't get it? Who could be more perfect than Edward??? Anyone who calls someone "love" deserves my vote! He is so classy and protective. When I read Midnight Sun it made it even clearer.

bethy said...

I totally agree. Edward is always the one to be classy when Charlie or Jacob are treating him bad. He is always so patient with Bella. I don't get it!!! Glad you all are on the same boat.

The Kennedys said...

I do have friends that love Jacob and were sad Bella didn't end up with him...

bethy said...

What is their reasons

bethy said...

I was just talking to my mom (she is for Jacob) and she said that she liked him because he always said what was on his mind. I can agree with that but i told her that edward did the same thing in a much nicer way. Anywho... what was my mom's input.

The Kennedys said...

I think because he is "human" (ok, kind of...) and Bella could have a "normal" life with him -- those are the reasons my friends give. And, he isn't so proper and reserved and "perfect". Thanks, but I'll take stone and perfect! :)

Naomi said...

Stone cold is not sexy. I mean, just close your eyes and imagine snuggling up to a statue. Edward has the perfection thing going on, but he's had a million years to figure that out. Jacob really loves Bella too, AND she could have kids with him who wouldn't try to eat her from the inside out, AND he is very cool. I don't know that I'm on team Jacob either (she is a bit too intellectual to hang around that small town forever), but I will say this: even though I got sucked into the romance of the story round about the second book, and I devoured all but the last one, after putting a few months between me and the books, I still say what I said during the first one: vampires are creepy, and falling in love with one is self-destructive! He should find another vampire to love. And she should grow up. Okay. You can hate me now. Hate me more when I say that Edward appeals so strongly to us because he is ridiculously perfect! He has unlimited wealth, can never get hurt (so his world revolves around Bella and her myriad issues and impressive baggage), is totally committed to Bella, in spite of the fact that he refuses to marry and change her for awhile, and is completely selfless. Oh, and romantic. We love this relationship because she has absolutely no responsibilities, except to sit back and be loved. Oh, and fight vampires. And drink blood while her baby tries to kill her. Gross.