Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July EVERYONE!!!

We had a great 4th this year. We went to the boy scouts pancake breakfast at church followed by a carnival where Chris got in a dunk tank. Riley and I were both able to dunk him. It was pretty fun. We then went to the parade in Ypsi which was the longest parade I have ever been to but it was fun. We then came home and Riley and I took naps so we could go to fireworks that night. After we woke up we went to a BBQ with some friends. That was really fun and we had some good food. WE then went to the Whitmore Lake fireworks. By then we were all pretty tired so we left a little early to beat traffic.

While watching the parade I totally got emotional when the Veterens were marching. I love our country and feel so much pride for those who serve our country and give up so much to protect our freedoms.

Happy 4th everyone!!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Sounds perfect.

Kristen said...

I can totally relate to your feelings watching the veterans. We were in DC in May at the Marine barracks, and I was overwhelmed by the sacrifices they are making for our country. Glad you had a great holiday.