Monday, August 31, 2009

Bacon



I love the taste of bacon. I like it in quiche, on BLTs, for breakfast and just plain. The crispier the better. What I don't like is cooking it in the house. I hate the way it makes everything smell like bacon grease and it doesn't go away for a long time. I hate the way it spatters on my skin and clothes and burns.

So... the dilemma continues. I love bacon and eating it with my family but it comes at a price. I have to deal with smelling like bacon for the remainder of the night and smelling it on my furniture for at least 24 hours. Anyways. Just thought I would share some thoughts.

6 comments:

michelle said...

I totally agree Beth! We love having BLTs in the summertime so I have started buying the pre-cooked bacon. It does a little better with the smell but you still have to warm it in the microwave.

Erin said...

mmmmm, Bacon!! Have you tried cooking it in the oven on a broiler pan?! Works great and eliminates grease spatter (cleaning the pan is somewhat of a chore...just let it soak in the sink with dish soap for a while first).

bethy said...

I like the crispiness of the real stuff but really do hate the smell so I will have to try what you guys suggested. :)

Linz said...

I feel the same way. The smell totally lingers. The crazy thing is bacon is one of the only things I don't care for in this pregnancy.

bethy said...

Sorry to bring it up Linz. :) I got some air fresheners and they are doing the job. I love fabreeze!

The Kennedys said...

The only thing I like with bacon is BLTs with garden tomatoes. I hate making it because I hate the clean up and the grease. Gross! My friend turned me onto the pre-cooked bacon which isn't as good, but it sure is easy!