Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's funny being a parent

Being a parent it is funny to see the things that excite you that you used to think were silly or even gross. For example, today was the second time that Riley pooped in the toilet. You would have thought I won the lottery!! Honestly, even Riley was laughing to see how excited I was getting. We aren't into doing underwear all day or anything, but we are going in the right direction.

Another thing that I notice a ton is how many police, ambulance, and fire trucks are around. Riley calls them "light cars" and will make the siren noise everytime. Even when he is not in the car with me I still notice them and can hear his little voice make the noise. I also know all of the correct terms for construction equipment (ie. bull dozers, backhoes, front end loaders, man lifts etc.) I love having a boy!

3 comments:

maryp said...

that is hilarious! I saw a movie the other day all about construction equipment that I wasnt to get for Rye bread.it's a kids movie by the way, not like a documentary or anything... I think he would love it. Maybe not when he can see everything on the roads everyday...

michelle said...

Pooping in the toilet at any age is exciting...I don't care who you are!!
It sound like you are making strides toward potty training. You are really smart for not rushing it!

Linz said...

Can Riley teach Violet how to poop in the toilet at Christmas?