Friday, June 19, 2009

Potty Training and A Big Boy Bed

A few weeks ago I started trying to get Riley to go potty on the toilet. We had some success and some accidents. Actually more accidents than successes. I decided to give it a rest. Boy, am I glad I did. Just this week Riley got motivated to do it himself. My mom bought Riley some new undies and with the help of Lucky Charms cereal we are on our way. There was a little bit of a power struggle to get him to go every little bit so I now let him tell me. Little did I know my boy is a genius and started telling me when he had to go. He is great about going potty other places and telling me when he has to go poop. I can't tell you how proud I am of my little guy. He is awesome and he looks so cute in his undies. Now I know what it is like to not have to change diapers all the time. I love it. Granted... I will have my share of baby diapers soon enough, but I don't even mind about that. Buying one size of diapers is an exciting prospect. I am more amazed with my sweet boy every day. He is the best.

As for the big boy bed... I found one on Craig's List and we just bought it the other day. He has been climbing out of his crib for some time now so he was definitly ready. He fell out the first night but has been great ever since. We bought him cool car sheets and he has been staying in bed all night. Again, I have to say that Riley is the best. I can't wait to see what we get with the next baby. If this new one is 1/2 as amazing, we are in luck. We took his crib apart the night we got the bed and he wants the new baby to sleep in it already. So cute!!!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

WooHoo!! Way to go Riley!

maryp said...

Riley is growing up way too fast! No me gusta!! He is such a cutie and is an awesome boy! Good job with the undies and big boy bed!!!

my favorite color is green said...

This is awesome! I'm glad that Riley wants to give his crib to the new baby- Millie is still quite possessive over hers- and her stroller, etc.

michelle said...

Yeah for big boy beds and unders! That will make having a baby around a little easier! He is going to be a great big brother!

The Kennedys said...

Way to go Riley! You are such a sweetie!