Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Juror #7

I have always wanted to go in for jury duty. I thought it always looked so exciting to be one of the people to decide the fate of some "bad guy" and to be in on all of the information. I also wanted to see what the big deal was about. It seems like everyone always complains about getting jury duty. My favorite part in "The Grinch" is when the Grinch is in the mail room and he starts throwing mail into everyone's slots shouting things like "Jury duty, pink slip, eviction notice etc."

I went in Tuesday morning for jury duty and was actually picked to sit in a trial. I was second to last to be chosen and I was given the juror #7 (my lucky number). I can not give any specifics but let's just say that it is not as glamorous as I had once imagined. I am thankful for our judicial system and am glad that I can do my "civic duty", but having someone else's life in my hands is hard. I can give more specifics after tomorrow because the case should be over.

5 comments:

Linz said...

It will be interesting to hear about your experience.

michelle said...

Will it be a runaway jury? Or are you all staying put?
Stay away from nooses...don't want it to be a hung jury! LOL I crack myself up! ;)

Naomi said...

So exciting! What do you do with Riley while you are doing your civic duty? Can't wait to hear all about it! Too bad Kwame pled guilty . . . maybe you would have had his case!

bethy said...

I don't think Kwame would have wanted me on that jury. i would have nailed him to the wall.

Kristen said...

Thanks for posting about your jury duty experience. It sounds like it was difficult but rewarding. I just got summoned for jury duty and might have to sit on a jury for a case that will take SEVEN WEEKS to resolve. As much as I would like to do my civic duty, I don't know about seven weeks...